Monday, November 17, 2008

Heaven Could Use A Few More Stars, Light Upon the Rim, The World of You, One True Family

IF TRUE, LOVE IS PERPETUAL MOTION
  
If true, love is perpetual motion when two of us form one
In the halo of your embrace I’m spinning like the sun
Being a solar flare that tends to go off into space
It must take the highest love to keep the stars in place

There must be some be some kind cosmic force
That keeps heavenly bodies spinning perfectly
In the halo of your embrace I keep on course
Love is what makes the universe of you and me

May 4th 2015 © Stefan des Lauriers

Heaven Could Use A Few More Stars,

I used to think that fame and fortune
Would bring a love that lasts
I imagined myself an impressionist
Painting pretty pictures of my past
Like searchlights scanning
A handful of stars
I sought those curtain calls
But it wasn’t till found my own true love
That I shone like a star at all

So lets sing few love songs
Before being called from afar
We dreamed the same dream all along
Heaven could use a few more stars

To all my friends who left their names
On the walls of the old cafe
I’d like to be like a haunting refrain
To return to you someday
But I fear that friendship is over
I would have liked to see it through
Well isn’t it just like an old mirror
To give the wrong image of you

So lets sing few love songs…

Well I’ve sung my songs in empty halls
I’ve sung for a full house too
But I‘d never really sung at all
Till I sang with a love that’s true
Now there’s singing in the gentle rain
Giving depth to an empty street
And in the reflection of heaven on earth
I can see where our destinies meet

So lets sing few love songs…

© 1983 Stefan des Lauriers

ut pictura poesis (as is painting, so is poetry)—
Horace (in Ars Poetica, 18BC)

Just one ray shy of sunshine
Dreaming of golden curtain calls


THE LIGHT UPON THE RIM

“Don’t let the little ones go to waste”
My mother once admonished me,
“Cause God only put so much taste
Inside each and every strawberry.”
“But didn’t God put poison as well
In forbidden fruit
          and venomous snakes?”
I was just being an advocate for hell
And Mother said, “For goodness sakes!”

I have heard from
        the golden-eared angel
And the silver tongued devil as well
And I’d rather serve
           and be served in heaven
Than to rein, and be ruled over in hell

You can see a world
         that is so full of faults
And lay in wait for vengeful attacks
Or you can mend a broken cup with gold
And marvel at the elegant cracks
After all it is how you view the world
That determines whether
         you’re glad or grim
Can you drink from a cup of darkness
And see the light upon the rim?

I have heard from the golden-eared…

There are lines of longitude and latitude
To indicate precisely where we stand
But I prefer attitude and gratitude
And an honest fair shake of the hand
When the coroner
          declares me deceased
What will be my legacy
           and saving grace?
Well what have you done to make peace
Are you leaving the world a better place


THE WORLD OF YOU

Nature has her paintbrush
Seasons their parade of hues
Warm grays and browns in winter
In summer cool greens and blues
The radiance of you eyes
Compliments your hair and skin
But what is more amazing
Is the world I see within

I may think the world of you
For all that you’re made of
I love to see all nature in you
For it’s your nature to love

Your eyes outdo the flowers
The way they open and close
By day all colors are blended
By night a soft star glows
The universe in a flower
Love and beauty resplendent
A flowering universe
Its bloom has never ended

I may think the world of you…

A doe standing quietly
Beside a stream of gold
Gone in a flash — she was
A vision to behold
The way the scene is painted
Harmonized to perfection
And how my love’s true hair
Once matched her complexion

 ONE TRUE FAMILY
HALLELUJAH!  WE’RE ONE TRUE FAMILY

May you walk softly on this good Earth
Reflecting God’s Love wherever you go
The moon shines through this naked tree
To light your footsteps upon the snow
I imagined you as an impressionist
A pretty painting rendered by Renoir
You shine in the Garden of Galaxies
As Eden’s most heavenly star

Hallelujah! We are one Family
Living in love eternally
With the blessing of pure new life

May your tears sanctify this good earth
Spring with new life to the bone marrow
I could love you for your virtue alone
Still you are humble as a sparrow
The Kingdoms within me stand prepared
For Love to embrace these fertile lands
I will trust in you as in truth itself
My soul has been placed in good hands

Hallelujah! We are one Family
Living in love eternally
With the blessing of pure new life

Let us dance forever in heavenly grace
And as far as the majestic crane flies
With Motherly love in your face
And the endearing light of your eyes
As we attend our Parents faithfully
The reality of one family is clear
Through eternity I will serenade you
With songs sung through grateful tears

Hallelujah! We are one Family
Living in love eternally
With the blessing of pure new life

Regenerating life in deep bone marrow
I could love you for your virtue alone
Yet you are humble as a sparrow

May your tears touch this good earth
Hallelujah! We’re One True Family
Living in love eternally
With the Blessing of Pure Life

May your tears touch this good earth
Regenerating life in deep bone marrow
I could love you for your virtue alone
Yet you are humble as a sparrow
The principalities in me stand prepared
Love embraces the furthest strands
I will trust in you as in truth itself
Heaven has placed this soul in good hands

Let the dance be forever with heavenly grace
And as far as the majestic crane flies
May you always radiate a motherly love
With a healthy glow in your eyes



 






No comments: