Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Junkyard in the Sky


 

I ran my rocket to the ground
Yet it's good for a few
        more spins
Aerodynamically it ain’t round
But get a load of those big fins
Own these babies long enough
And you’ll look like them
       for real
You’ll be a baby booming backfiring
Walking automobile

This rocket may not look
  cool
I'm man enough to man it
And though it may be hard on
 Fuel
I plan to leave this planet

My cruise control it is engaged
Put my toes up on the dash
I just might land upon my feet
If I hit Wall Street and crash
Ragtop may be peeling off
That's the price you have
           to pay
When duct tape’s the adhesive
 Of choice
Some things get blown away

This rocket may not look
  cool
I'm man enough to man it
And though it may be hard on
 Fuel
I plan to leave this planet

Yes folks this rocket ship
Has a few Planets
Left to explore
Before it runs out of fuel

Like the tail of a passing comet
The muffler sparks and scrapes
Seats are splitting at the seams
And yet they hold their shape
When it's time to hurl this
 hubcap
To that junk yard in the sky
Give me one last chance
At restoration
Cause I just refuse to die

This rocket may not look so cool

No comments: